The British retailing giant, House of Fraser, have traded since 1849. From a Drapery Shop in Victorian Glasgow, House of Fraser has become the leading, national premium department store group in the UK and Ireland with 60 high street stores and its constantly growing web-store, www.houseoffraser.co.uk, contributing 20% to the groups turnover. House of Fraser has won multiple awards for its fully transactional website with key components of its online offering, being the home delivery and buy & collect services, where customers can order until midnight for a free next day service.
To support this growing business and add value to its overall customer experience, the online division, had specific goals and objectives with respect to communicating with its wide and diverse user base
- Define a primary mobile focussed communication channel that has immediacy and wide reach into a diverse user base. SMS, being universally accepted and accessible to all mobile phone users was the obvious choice
- Provide a clear and structured user SMS journey, post-sale, confirming purchase, and clearly defining the process for collection or delivery, to keep customers informed to build trust and enforce brand values
- Work with a messaging platform that had the flexibility to accommodate multiple data input sources for both two way operational and marketing messaging across multiple facets of the House of Fraser organisation
- Reduce costs and logistical effort, when customers fail to collect in store
- Reduce home delivery return rates and customer refunds
- Actively promote, in store and online brand events to House of Fraser Recognition and Store Card holders, to drive engagement